Thursday, April 4, 2013

The A Team

Hello Everybody! I went to Disneyland with my brothers Easter weekend. I decided we needed something awesome to wear. 

Don't be afraid of drinking and crafting:)  



So here what I used:

4 Different Colored Baseball T's
Grey Primer Spray Paint
Letter Stencils
Re-positional Spray Adhesive 
Scissors
Paper Bag 

Optional:

Gloves
Extra paper bags to cover around the stencil
Acetone or other type of paint remover
Paper towels
Cocktail 



Don't use the spray paint for plastic. I tested it for fabric and it was terrible!  

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of making the shirts. It's a side affect of drinking and crafting. 

It goes something like this:

Cut out the letters needed for your name, in my case Alfaro. Since I have two A's in my name I broke it into three parts. A by its self, then LF taped together and RO tape together.

Try your shirt on. I marked where the lettering should go across my chest with tape.

Spray the back of your stencil with the adhesive. This is going to insure nice clean edges on the lettering.

Prep your shirt. Place the paper bag in the shirt, like the bag is going to wear it lol. This will keep the paint from bleeding though. 

Position your stencil. Yay now the fun part!

Spray 8 to 10 inches away, with the can parallel to the shirt. Test on an old shirt if you need too. I let a little over spray for a gritty effect.

Be careful peeling the stencil off, the paint will still be wet for a bit. You can wipe the excess off the stencil with paper towel. 

That's it! No need to iron or any of that. Once the paint is dry its permanent! I've washed and dried mine a few time and it looks great.  
    

My brothers and I

No comments:

Post a Comment