Saturday, November 12, 2011

TGIF BONUS: Pumpkin Seeds

Bonus Recipe! I never carved my pumpkin for Halloween and its just been sitting by the fire place. So I hatched it up and toasted the seeds!




Dive right in!


I gave the pumpkin flesh to my Mom to make soup.

Soak your seeds for about 5 minutes get the slime off.

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients:

2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce 
1 1/2 tbs melted butter
season to taste with; salt, pepper, garlic and paprika

Now What:


Spread seeds out evenly on a cookie sheet. Preheat your oven to 400ºF. My oven has a bake and broil setting at 400ºF. I baked mine for 10 minutes then tossed them and continued at 400ºF for 10 more minutes. The seeds should be nice and crisp while they are ready.

I almost forgot to take a picture before I scraped them off. 
So good warm!
 My boyfriend had never eaten pumpkin seeds before so my test panel was a little bias. But not to worry I enjoyed the whole bowl:)  









1 comment:

  1. Those look great. I plan to make some soup this week. I'll send you the recipe.

    ReplyDelete